Sysprep witha USB Keyboard and Mouse

All Windows-related questions. Should a subject be developed, new forums will be created.

Moderators: Curtis8, A_Null

jetten

Sysprep witha USB Keyboard and Mouse

Postby jetten » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:38 pm

Just curious, I am having a dickens of a time with this. The current computers I am using have no PS2 ports. And it would seem that the usb drivers don't initialize until after you accept the EULA. Of course, I'd do that if I could use the mouse.

Anyone have a solution?

Curtis8
Site Janitor

Postby Curtis8 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:23 pm

I have found that even though USB mice do not always work, USB keyboards do. Make sure your BIOS is set to allow USB keyboards and mice though. There may even be other options in there that need to be checked.
Curtis

If you can read this, help me by going to the following link (can only go once per day)
http://s13.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=32058

Thank you

jetten

Postby jetten » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:18 am

Well I found another way around it. I chose an automated sysprep install, then put a false product key in (all XXXXX). This got me past the first screen, then allowed me to put in the key manually, while still automating the rest of the process.

Natan
Site Admin

Postby Natan » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:35 pm

You might also opt for a RIPrep install, then have the serial written in the .SIF file. It's more work than sysprep, though.

Natan

jetten

Postby jetten » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:10 pm

yes this sysprep method takes me about 10 seconds to enter the product key and it's good to go. not much work at all. I wanted to hand enter them in as I have several machines that are the same, and I re-image them as I buy them.

djmuk

Postby djmuk » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:19 pm

I had the same problem on a compaq SFF...

It is probably 'better' to get into the bios & Enable 'legacy' support as this then means that the keyboard will work at the bios screen & press any key to boot from CD etc prompts.

More on machines with PS2 ports that have been upgraded but if the BIOS settings aren't done (prior to binning the PS2 kbd) then you can't get into the bios from the USB keyboard.... ever

David

Return to “Not sorted”