Windows 7 PING with Sysprep answer file?

Installation issues, feature requests, help, etc.

Moderators: Curtis8, A_Null

Ka0s

Windows 7 PING with Sysprep answer file?

Postby Ka0s » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:42 am

Hello All.

First off I want to thank you for this great utility. I have been using it for probably a little over a year in a number of different environments and it has really been helpful. I started off with pretty basic images and now I am trying to do something a bit more complex.

I use sysprep to generalize a machine before capturing the PING image for deployment. For the record I am using this in a Dell environment with several different model laptops in a windows 7 environment. Overall this has worked out OK and I had a few bugs here and there but was able to successfully do image creation/restoration using PING after installing most applications I needed and then doing a sysprep.

I find the restoration process to be quicker/easier than going the traditional microsoft route for imaging. What I've had issues with is building an answer file and then applying it during sysprep. I am trying to apply a unattended xml file to sysprep and after it shuts down I boot from CD and start my capture in PING.

Ideally I would like to have drivers from multiple dell laptops pre-loaded in one PING image. If anyone has some ideas as to how to accomplish this with PING or combining other tools with PING, I would love some feedback. I am also open to hearing other suggestions as well. I have verified that my answer file works in a WDS environment.

Thank you all for your time.

mrralan

Re: Windows 7 PING with Sysprep answer file?

Postby mrralan » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:58 pm

Depending on how many machines you have, you may want to consider using the UIU.

http://www.uiu4you.com/

It works but has the con of requiring a minimum 100 license purchase.

Return to “PING / General Discussions”