No Param Passed for Image to Restore error

Installation issues, feature requests, help, etc.

Moderators: Curtis8, A_Null

sloscheider

No Param Passed for Image to Restore error

Postby sloscheider » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:56 pm

Greetings,

I've got a lab of 35 Dell Optiplex 740 computers. Roughly 2/3 of them will accept an image with no complaints, the remaining 1/3 get part way through the auto response file (just before the menu would normally appear) and then seem to get confused about what to do... They know the address of the server, they get logged in, they find the image store folder and then state there is "no param passed for image to restore" and tell me to press Space to select an option but that doesn't seem to do anything... It keeps scrolling slowly with the "press space..." prompt after that.

I have updated the BIOS on one of the affected machines with no success.

The server is a Windows Server 2008 box and I have tried PING 3.01 and 3.00.04 - after submitting this I'll try 3.00.02 as that seems to have been a golden version for older machines :)

My "default" file is as follows though I don't think that's the problem.

DEFAULT rescue
PROMPT 0
LABEL rescue
KERNEL kernel
APPEND vga=normal devfs=nomount pxe ramdisk_size=33000 load_ramdisk=1 init=/linuxrc prompt_ramdisk=0 initrd=initrd.gz root=/dev/ram0 rw noacpi noapm pci=noacpi lba acpi=off apm=off Server=10.10.10.100 Share=image User=handeyj Passwd=XXXX Directory=/ After_Completion=Reboot Replace_BIOS=N CIFS_Preferred=Y Zsplit_Preferred=N No_Shell=Y Dont_Warn_Me=Y

Thanks for any advice any of you could give me.

sloscheider

Re: No Param Passed for Image to Restore error

Postby sloscheider » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:37 pm

OK, 3.00.02 didn't work either. It did however throw up more junk on the screen that makes me suspect what I'm seeing is a corrupted version of the menu where I would hit the space bar to select to either restore from an image or choose what partition I want to create an image from....

Return to “PING / General Discussions”