Unstable clocksource

Installation issues, feature requests, help, etc.

Moderators: Curtis8, A_Null

Alberto Maria

Re: Unstable clocksource

Postby Alberto Maria » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:54 am

Natan/Curtis... please can someone tell me what's happening here???? :!: :!: :!: :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :cry:

AMM

Alberto Maria

Postby Alberto Maria » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:29 am

Something IS changed, but nothing is really new!

Natan, please speak! :D :P :lol:

AMM

A_Null

Postby A_Null » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:20 am

You are posting to an abandoned forum. You should not expect any future response or support here. It's been five years since I closed registrations due to lack of support.

That said, your 'unstable clocksource' message is generated from the OS itself. PING is only capturing the info and reporting it to you.
In essence, the Time Stamp Counter (TSC) is historically used to obtain some timing information from the CPU. If there are multiple CPUs and/or multiple cores (ie., most modern systems), then TSC is not reliable as a time source unless operations are constrained to a single CPU/core. This must be done in programming of the affected application.

In this case, the application is not PING, but Partimage. Partimage is the actual program which is called by PING - PING was created merely to simplify the configuration options to Partimage. Partimage has been abandoned for longer than PING has, so you may expect no further additions or support.

See: Wikapedia - Abandonware ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abandonware )

There will be no further response on this forum. Neither Natan nor Curtis have been here in many many years. Me either, for that matter.
You should note that I do not monitor these forums. I happened across an old bookmark and it was pure happenstance that I saw your board rants. And it is gratuitous that I even reply. You should not expect any further contact.

/0

Alberto Maria

Postby Alberto Maria » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:46 pm

Thank you for the answer, A_null.
An abandoned forum should be closed with a message, not left open with the ability to append :twisted:
By the way, I presume that Curtis and Natan are the same person :lol:

I hope you all are well (this was my main concern). :wink:

And it's a pity, because the last PING version works wonderfully. :cry:

So long :)

Alberto

AMM

Return to “PING / General Discussions”